CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, so if I re-make points here, I'm sorry.

Twitter is awesome. I've been using it consistently since I set up my account. I'm following some famous people (well, famous to me) and some work friends. I've also started following a couple random people. This was a weird, stalkery step, but made easier by the fact that they started following me first. I still haven't set up TweetDeck, but I mean to. It's the one that looks the most popular. My only problem is that I only remember while I'm at work and I want it to be on my computer at home....

I signed up for Mr. Tweet right after I made my account, but so far it hasn't really been helpful. Maybe I'm using it wrong. I've used the text-tweet feature a few times. It's awesome. There are lots of times when I feel the need to share a thought and am nowhere near a computer.

I've been thinking lately about the whole issue with security on Twitter. As of this post, I have my full name and where I live. I wanted it to be easy for other people to find me. But we had a presentation here in the library by a policeman last week talking about all the creepy on the internet and how easy it was to stalk you. Now I'm paranoid. I did add my name to the Twitter directory though...... we'll see.

Other than that, Twitter has been fun. I've found a good site for sharing the songs that are stuck in your head - songza.com and have figured out most of the little twitter nuances. I still have no idea what hashtags are used for.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

I've wondered about the security issue, too. When I started on Twitter (was that Thing 27?) I just put in my full name. They say you should have your real identity on Twitter. But then one of our assignments was to link our Twitter accounts to our blogs, which meant someone could go from my blog to finding my entire real name. I just wasn't comfortable with that, so I dropped my last name on Twitter.

I love your writing tone! Very fun and easy to relate to.