CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 10 - Wikis

YAY Wikis!! I've never edited a wiki before, so that was kind of fun. The only experience I'd had with wikis before this thing was Wikipedia (which I am in love with). I know it's not "scholarly", but when I need to look up random pop-culture information - nothing can beat it. I've also used Wikipedia to aid my research a few times. On some of the more standard encyclopediaish articles, they have resources cited at the bottom of the page and also places to go for more information. It's helpful.
Before watching the CommonCraft video, it hadn't even occurred to me all the different ways wikis could be used. I think it would be awesome to have a wiki at the library with book reviews or something for patrons. But I fear that someone would have to be monitoring it almost constantly (we have some little stinkers in the library that may decide that the entire wiki must consist of Runescape cheats) Can you even cheat at Runescape? I have no idea, I may have to go to a source. Anyway, I love the idea of wikis and all the things that we can do with them.

oh and I edited the 23 things on a stick wiki.

0 comments: