CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Thing 11 - Tagging and del.icio.us

I've been tagging all of my posts as I've been going along, so that was pretty easy. I've also used tags for some other sites (such as LibraryThing). That was actually my favorite part of del.icio.us. I don't think I'll use the site for reference, since there're only a few sites that we use consistantly and those are already bookmarked on Mozilla, but hoo boy! it was funny to see the connections for between me and random other people who look at the same websites as I do. The tagging of my LibraryThing is pretty standard (I used subject headings) so that it would help me recognize Dewey numbers better since I'm still new at this whole library business. For my blog posts, I've been incredibly random. I've found that the randomness isn't quite as useful, but is a lot of fun. And as long as you have a few serious tags, what difference does it make?

BTW, did anyone else have a hard time getting the dots right in del.icio.us

0 comments: