CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thing 27 - Twitter!

I've heard of Twitter before; some of the blogs I follow have mentioned it every once in a while. Personally it seemed like a waste of time. Now that I've tried it, it's amazing!! It's like updating your Facebook status, but better. This is stream-of-consciousness blogging, which works really well with my ADD. I can put random thoughts on there or use it to make a to-do list or some other thing that I'll just need to be reminded of later.

It was unbelievably easy to use; you just sign up and go. I was even able to add a widget to my blog! I'm still trying to see how this could be useful in a library setting, so I'm following the Hibbing Library to see what kinds of tweets they're doing. Maybe if I were attending a conference, I could use Twitter to put up quick thoughts on different presentations.

A hint to other users: if you want to share links, but your tweets are getting too long, try using tinyurl.com I've seen a few more experienced Tweeters? twitterers? using it to make long URLs fit within the 140 character parameters.

0 comments: