CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing 30 - More Ways to use RSS and Delicious

I love RSS. It has made my life so much easier over the past year, I can't imagine living without it. I looked back at my posts from the first round of 23 things, and apparently I thought it was stalker-ish. Twitter is way worse, and I love that! My RSS is through Bloglines and I still find that easier to use than Google Reader. I check it at least once a day to make sure I don't get overloaded with posts. I don't really sort my RSS. I follow some other 23 things participants, and I do have those in a separate folder. And during primary season, I had all my political blogs in a separate folder (they were taking over). The others I just keep alphabetical.

I tried using the RSS locater. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but it didn't seem to come up with anything useful. I looked at some of the examples that were on the thing page, but none of them fit with what I use RSS for. If I lived in a city larger than Fargo, the Travel updates would probably be pretty cool.

Delicious. well.......... I haven't use it since last time. I tried to sign in and apparently didn't remember my password, so I had to set up a new account. Then I realized that I don't use bookmarks. I did in college, but haven't in years. So I didn't really know what to do. I'll check with some other people here in Moorhead and see what they use it for.

0 comments: