CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thing 28 - Customized Home Pages

I set up an iGoogle page during the first round of 23 things, but I have not used it a single time since then. One of the reasons I love Google so much is that it's so simple. Google is actually my homepage at home, but just the plain one. I get distracted very easily and usually when I go to look something up, I'm doing so right away so I don't forget. If I have tons of applications on there, I'm going to see something else and read that instead.

I signed into my google account, just to see what the page was like. I put a lot of really stupid stuff on there last year. I figured it was probably going to be easier to start over with a new site than rebuild my Google page. I tried Netvibes first, but I couldn't figure out how to modify anything and all the news applications were through CBS. I would rather get my news from almost any other source. I gave up on Netvibes and tried PageFlakes. That was really easy. I could move stuff around. It was very customizable. At first I couldn't figure out how to make applications go away, but I figured it out.

I'm going to try to use it more often this time around. We shall see.

0 comments: