CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 17 - ELM Productivity Tools

I think all the ELM sites are incredibly useful. I wish our library had Proquest, but now I see that I can go in through http://elm4you.org and access it that way.

I tried to make a web page through EBSCO, but it seemed way to advanced for me. I was confused through the whole process, it didn't turn out and even if it did, I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do with it. It wasn't on the internet, so was it a webpage? Much bewilderment. Setting up an account seemed like a good idea. It would be especially advantageous for using at home for saving articles and searches. It would make research really easy. It wouldn't work quite the same way at the library. We do such random searches for patrons that we almost never need to go back to the same search a second time. Maybe if we get interrupted or something.

I set up a search alert just to try it out. I checked my Bloglines account this morning and had over a hundred links. That's a lot. And most of them were from Australia and kind of repetitive. I wonder if there's a way to limit your search to just certain places? I'll have to do some more experimenting.

0 comments: