CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 21 - Beyond MySpace: Other Social Networks

I am a member of Flixter and of last. fm. I got involved in Flixter through my Facebook account, which had a movie application I added which created a Flixter account for me. I signed up for Last.fm in March and it has been awesome! At first it was a little creepy because of it's audioscrobber, but once I witnessed the amazingness that ensued I was converted. Last.fm automatically builds a profile for each user based on the music that is already on your computer and then can recommend other music or show you other users accounts that share your interest.

I'd be interested in using Gather and WebJunction in the future. I've tried WebJunction a few times and haven't been able to get it to work, but I haven't really been gung-ho about it. If I maybe applied myself I could probably get it to work. :)

0 comments: