CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 20 - Libraries and Social Networks

I was already a member of Facebook before I got to this Thing. I admit, I was very anti-Facebook for awhile, but now I can't even remember why. It's been great for me. Since I moved away from my college town, it's kept me in the loop. I know when other people are coming back to visit, when there's going to be get-togethers, etc. The reason I like Facebook more than Myspace is simply privacy. There're sooo many more people on MySpace that it's scary. Facebook (in my opinion) has better privacy filters. With Myspace, it's either all or nothing whereas Facebook gives you options.

I do like the idea of using these Social Networks to get the library into a public place. I really like Hennepin County's MySpace page. I'd like our library to have one, but we would need to solve some filter problems before it would actually work.

0 comments: