CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 19 - Podcasts

I'm a bit apprehensive about podcasts, I've said this before I think. This Thing changed my mind a little bit. I listened to a few from MPR - they're related to music and language. The one about music is really good. They had an entire episode all about The Clash!

I haven't done anything with iTunes U, but one of my friends plans on spending his summer at the lake using his iPod to study for the bar exam. The directories listed on this Thing were really helpful, as I had no experience in podcasts at all. I had some problems with podcast.net, but I'm not sure if it was the site or my computer. It kept timing out. I also wasn't a huge fan of the Educational Podcast Directory. It just seemed like it was too specific, but if you were in a situation where you were studying and needed that kind of information, it would be a valuable resource.

I have never done any podcasting myself and can pretty much guarantee that I never will. I did however subscribe to 3 different podcasts that I'll keep for a while and see how I like 'em.

0 comments: