CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thing 40: Mashup the web

I admit I'm a little confused about what exactly a mashup is. I agree with the definition at the top of the Thing page and with the video, but then when I look at some of the links, I don't understand what makes them mashups.

I love both Pandora and last.fm. I really liked this mashup. You can add tags while the songs are playing + the love/hate/recommend buttons are there. Fantastic! I'm also going to try out bkkeepr.com This may be a way to keep track of the books that I'm reading.

The Crimereports mashup would be really useful, but it isn't set up for our area. For now I'll just have to stick with the dispatch logs and the state registry site to keep up to date with crime where I live.

I didn't create my own mashup, because I'm still a little unsure of what it means. I did copy Janine however and created a map of the places I've been. Since I'm not a world traveler like she is, I made mine just of the United States. Notice how even then, it's a little clumpy. I need to leave North Dakota! I just love it so much :)


0 comments: