CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thing 45: Cloud Computing

I can see definite advantages to using some of the Web OS systems. If you were required to take a lot of business trips, it would be nice to be able to have access to your work computer and all the programs on it. For me, I don't really have anything on my computer at home that I would need anywhere else. I would only ever need access to documents and I save those to flash drives anyway.

Another thing to think about with Web OS is security. To me it seems like you're remotely hacking into your home computer. If you're able to do that, what's keeping others from doing the same?

I cannot ever see myself spending money to back up my hard drive remotely. Especially after spending time earlier today on the Economy Thing, even 50 bucks a year seems like a complete waste. I would rather run the risk of losing all my information, cause let's face it... it's not all that much. I could live without it.

0 comments: